We take protection of your personal information very seriously. It is important to us that we are transparent to our customers, prospective customers, suppliers and visitors to our website regarding our collection and use of personal information.
Evolve Charging Solutions Ltd is a data controller and responsible for your personal data. In this policy we may be referred to as, “we”, “us” or “our”.
When we talk about personal data or personal information we are only referring to information from which an individual person can be identified. We are not referring to data where the identity has been anonymised.
Please read this policy carefully. If you have any queries regarding its contents or any personal information we may hold relating to you then please do not hesitate to contact us in one of the following ways:-
• By post: 8 Swn Yr Afon, Kenfig Hill, Bridgend CF33 6AJ.
• By email:
• By telephone: 0800 688 9800
If at any time you are unhappy with the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). We would however like the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We keep this policy under regular review. This version was produced on 1 March 2021.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. If the personal information changes during our relationship with you or your organisation, please contact us so we may update the personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details regarding products you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browsing actions and patterns and technology on the devices you use to access our website.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect information regarding children.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect personal information in the following ways:
Our website enables you to contact us with an initial enquiry. Where you use our ‘contact us’ facility we will ask you for your name, email address and a brief summary of your enquiry.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data. We collect this personal information by using cookies and other similar technologies.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You may give us Identity, Contact and Financial Data by corresponding or engaging with us in person, by post, phone, email or otherwise.
We may receive information about you from third parties such as car lease or sales companies from whom you acquire your vehicle, your utilities supplier, analytic providers such as Google, advertising networks or search information providers. We may further obtain information from publicly available sources such as Companies House.
We may collect your personal information when you engage with us on social media.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:-
• to reply to any general enquiry you make and to provide you with information regarding the products and services we offer.
• to register you as a new customer.
• to supply our products and services.
• to manage our relationship with you.
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
• to deal with any feedback or complaint you may make.
• to administer, develop and improve our business.
• to protect our business e.g. should it be necessary to commence debt recovery actions or defend any legal claim.
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you about the products and services we offer which may be of interest to you.
We must have a lawful reason for processing your personal information. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
• where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• where you have given your consent to process your personal information.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We will get your express opt-in consent before we contact you for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us by one of the contact methods stated above or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of the supply of products and services, your service experience or the historic supply of products and services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may need to share your personal information with:-
• third party service or product providers.
• public or regulatory authorities.
• our professional advisers including insurers, and accountants.
• third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as is set out in this policy.
We require all external third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our external third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
If we transfer data outside of the European Economic Area we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:-
• we will only transfer personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
• where we use certain service providers we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your information: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “information subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the information’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.